Following the updated government guidance on Coronavirus, we are avoiding meeting face-to-face to help reduce the spread of the virus.
We are still here to support carers and young carers and are continuing to offer 1:1 support however this will be done by telephone or email.
We also have support in place using online messaging services such as Facebook messenger and Whatsapp which can be used for text messaging, calls and video calling.
We are working on some family activity packs to enable young carers and their families to have some fun and will also be posting daily games and competitions for young carers on our social media platforms and website.
We have also taken the decision to temporarily suspend our young carers group meetings from Monday 23rd March until further notice.
We understand that carers still need information, advice and support and we will continue to provide these services, along with assessments and contingency planning support.
Please rest assured that if you are in self-isolation and need someone to talk to, our team will be available on our Young Carers helpline: 024 7663 2972.
If you think you have symptoms and can’t get through to NHS 111 or are not sure what to do, we can guide you through the online screening as recommended by the NHS via telephone.
Things you can do
• follow core public health advice
• ensure any visitors or health professionals visiting your home follow hygiene and infection control guidelines
• plan for contingencies and check with the local authority what the emergency plan is, or your local health organisation if your families ’or friends ’care is health funded
• make the most of networks now, family, friends and neighbours, and your local community organisations to plan for ‘what if’
• make sure you have key information to hand about the person you care for
• make the most of technology that can keep you in touch with the person for whom you care, or keep them in touch with others
Where to get additional help and support
Young Carers Coventry social media
Carers Trust Heart of England website – www.carerstrusthofe.org.uk/
Carers Trust Heart of England Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CarersTrustHeartofEngland
Carers Trust national website advice on Coronavirus page: carers.org/guidance-
If you do not have access to the internet, please call ourteam - 024 7663 2972 - and a member of the team will guide you through the information.
Here to support young carers in Coventry
We want to reassure carers that we remain totally committed to supporting carers, staff and the cared for and we will continue to update you on the practical steps we are taking to minimise any potential impact to our services going forward.